There are plenty of activities for kids on the day and most are free!
- Junior Speed Sheep Shave – numbers limited for this event, children will need to register at the Secretary’s Box by 11:30am on show day to take part.
- The Balloon Lady Magic Show, Balloon Twisting Workshop and Bubble fun for Everyone!
- St. Brigid’s Animal Petting Nursery – gold coin donation appreciated
- Miniature Goat & Dairy Goat display
- The Face Painting Lady – gold coin donation appreciated
- Free Craft Activities
- Kids Pony Events – entry fees apply – Early Bird Tickets available via the following link: https://hamiltonshowtasmania.com/equestrian/ or enter on the day at the equestrian ticket box.
- Running Races and Novelty Events – entry is free, children should register at the Secretary’s Box on show day by 12:00pm.
- Side-Show Games, Rides & Showbags – $$$
- Food Stalls – $$$
- Southern Bee Keepers Association Display
- Tas Reptilia – snake demonstrations
- Dog High Jump
- Lego Display
- Gretna Junior Fire Brigade demonstrations
- Also lots of fun arty crafty ideas for children to enter into this year’s local schools Art & Craft / Photography Displays.
- Baby change facilities located underneath the grandstand
- Show train ride 10am-3pm
“I really enjoy going to this event every year!! I totally recommend getting along! Especially if you have kids! The food is always YUM! The animals and rides are always a big hit! The best thing about it, is your not stressed if the kids run off somewhere because it’s set out well enough you can pretty much see them most of the time!!”