Congratulations to Scott Reardon, of Rockford with his winning Grand Champion Fleece for the 2018 show.
The Wool Pavilion is always of interest with local high quality fleeces on display, and there is usually a farmer kicking about to answer any questons you may have on growing a good fleece.
Chief Steward: Mr. David Madden
For entries call 0438 863 270 or email email@example.com
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Skirted Sheep Classes. All classes open to all woolgrowers whether registered breeders or not, unless otherwise stated. Sheep are not to have been shedded.
Classes: Commence at 9:00am
1. Merino Ram: 18 microns and finer
2. Merino Ram: 18.1 – 19 microns
3. Merino Ram: 19.1 – 21 microns
4. Merino Ram: 21.1 – 22 microns
5. Merino Ewe or Wether: 18 microns and finer
6. Merino Ewe or Wether: 18.1 – 19 microns
7. Merino Ewe or Wether: 19.1 – 21 microns
8. Merino Ewe or Wether: 21.1 – 22 microns
9. Merino Ewe or Wether: 23 microns or stronger
10. Polwarth Ram
11. Polwarth Ewe or Wether
12. Cross Bred Fleece
13. Group of three even fleeces of the same type
14. Fleece entered by exhibitor under the age of 18 years age @ 2/10/2018
15. Best Dual Purpose Cross Bred Ewe or Wether Fleece, Merino x Dohne or Samm Fleece of any breed. No entry fee. Award and Ribbon.
16. Commercial Fleeces – judged on the value of three fleeces.
Major Sponsors for this event:
Championship awards and trophies will be awarded for the following classes:
Class 7: $25 voucher donated by Roberts Ltd
Class 8: $20 donated by Elders Ltd
Class 13: A trophy donated by Elders Ltd
Class 16: $50 donated by Roberts Ltd
CHAMPION MERINO FLEECE: $50 donated by Elders Ltd
GRAND CHAMPION FLEECE OF THE SHOW
The RHL Roberts Memorial Trophy: $50 donated by Roberts Ltd
CHAMPION CROSS BRED FLEECE BEST POLWARTH EWE OR WETHER FLEECE
The Glen Dhu Perpetual Trophy presented by R.B.K. Pitt and Partners
CHAMPION FLEECE GROWN IN THE CENTRAL HIGHLANDS
The Shawfeld Perpetual Trophy donated by Mr. G. Boss-Walker
BEST FLEECE GROWN IN THE FORMER HAMILTON MUNICIPALITY
The Montfort Perpetual Trophy donated by Mr. R.K.Madden